How long is Old Mans Cave to Ash Cave

Hey, we are heading to Hocking Hills Wednesday July 1. We will be hiking on July 2 and we are looking to start are Old Mans Cave and head to Cedar Falls and then on to Ash Cave? Anyone done this hike before? How long did it take? We have children ages 7-15. Will they make it? Thanks

Hi @mpeters. The Old Mans Cave to Cedar Falls to Ash Cave is the path that is used for the Hocking Hills Winter Hike each year. Thousands of people walk this trail at that one event alone. It is a popular route throughout the entire year.

The route is about 6 miles one-way. If you think the kids are up for it, it is a great hike! I would strongly recommend parking a vehicle at Ash Cave ahead of time so you do not have to turn around and walk the 6 miles back to Old Mans Cave.

Hi Finn!

Headed to Old mans Cove for a week next week. Looking forward!
Is there a service or Uber available to drive us back to our cabin and starting point of our hike, if we leave our car at Ash Cave?
:woman_shrugging:
Thanks!
Amy

Hi @Aklapp!

That’s exciting, I hope you enjoy your time here! Unfortunately, there is no Uber in the area. The only driving service is Hocking Hills Transportation. I believe they require you to pay for multiple hours at a time so it is mostly commonly used for bachelorette parties. http://hockinghillstransportation.com/

Old Man’s Cave and Ash Cave trail do connect, but the hike is fairly long and strenuous. It takes about half a day or more to hike from ash cave to old mans cave and back.

Unless you’re up for very long hikes, I would recommend driving to each trail, hiking, then getting back in your car and driving to the next trail.

Happy to answer any more questions you may have :smile:

Hi Finn!

Just curious if there is any water up there? It’s dry as a bone down here!

Any water flowing in the falls?

Hey @Aklapp! Things are very dry right now here as well. It hasn’t rained in more than a week and no rain in the forecast either :frowning: