Planning to stay in may

Hi there. New to the community and to Hocking Hills. I would like to plan a weekend trip to explore the area. Are your cabins available to rent right now? Also can you bring pets? How would I go about booking a cabin or bungalow? Are the sights all within walking distance of each other and the lodgings?

Hi @Kristine most of the cabins in the area are open all year round! In order to find the right cabin for you and your furry friend you would go to our availability search on hockinghills.com!

From there you would enter dates of interest, how many people and select any amenities you are interested in having especially the pet friendly amenity. From there you would hit show me availability and you can scroll through all our options and book on cabin on the same screen! We have over 900 cabins on our site, but they book up fast! Each cabin is located in the hocking hills area. Some are in walking distance of a state park and others are 20-30 minute drive. If you read the companies description they usually try to include how close they are to the state parks. Most places that are pet friendly usually are just meaning dogs!

Some main state parks are old mans cave, cedar falls, ash cave, rock house, cantwell cliffs which are all dog friendly. the nature preserves like conkles hollow and rockbridge are not dog friendly.

Most of the state parks are a short drive near each other! You can actually hike old mans cave to cedar falls to ash cave and back. This hike would probably be around 12 miles or more depending on how much hiking you do at each separate park. If you do this hike it is called the grandma gatewood trail and would take most of your day to hike.

the hocking hills app is a great way to see all the trails and what they have to offer! there are even virtual tours on it so you can get an idea of the surroundings! You can download it with this link!

http://www.thehockinghillsapp.com/

I hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions!

Brittani

Thank you! This is very helpful!! Can’t wait to visit this beautiful area.

1 Like