ANNOUNCEMENT: Hocking Hills State Park Officially Reopen as of July 2nd

Hi everyone!

The day we have been waiting for is finally here! Hocking Hills State Park is officially reopen to the public as of July 2nd. This includes all the major hiking trails in the region such as Old Man’s Cave, Ash Cave, Cedar Falls, Conkle’s Hollow, and more!

Note that parking may be limited and trails are designated one way to help maintain social distancing.

FAQ

Do I need to wear a mask while hiking?
Masks are suggested if you are in close quarters to other hikers but are not required.

Is it necessary to Social Distance?
Yes, Social Distancing is preferred, please be respectful of the distance between you and other hikers while passing on the trail.

If I cannot make it to the end of the trail, can I turn around and hike back?
Yes, you can hike back to the beginning of the trail if you find you are unable to complete the trail.

Is there anyone to help with the new trail directions?
Yes, The State Park Naturalists will be on hand for directing trail traffic.

Is the Hocking Hills State Park Campground Store open?
Only the Camp Store drive through window is open. Firewood and Ice can be purchased through the drive-up window.

Are there trail maps available, how will I know which way to go?
No, there are no trail maps available yet. However, there are directional trail signs along each path.

When will John Glen Astronomy park re-open?
The John Glenn Astronomy Park will open on July 2. There will not be any programing this summer. You are welcome to bring your own equipment for star gazing but sharing your telescopes is strongly ill-advised. It is requested that masks are worn, and social distancing is observed.

Is the trail head for Whispering Cave in the same place?
No, to access the trail for Whispering Cave you must park at Old Man’s Cave and hike the Old Man’s Cave trail that connects to Whispering Cave. This will be a 5-mile hike.

Is the HHSP Disc Golf course available?
No, the disc golf course will not open during the construction of the new lodge.

When will the Archery area open?
The archery area will re-open on July 2.

What trails can I bring my pet?
Pets on a leash are allowed on all the Hocking Hills State Park trails. However, pets are not permitted at Conkle’s Hollow State Nature Preserve and Rockbridge State Nature Preserve.