Should I Book Through Air Bnb, VRBO, or HockingHills.com?

Typically Air bnb, Vrbo, TripAdvisor will charge its consumers between 6-16% in extra #BookingsFees :scream: and the lodging owners pay up to 8% per booking. You can SAVE :money_mouth_face:up to 14% when YOU BOOK direct or through HockingHills.com - At the same time you are #Supporting the #HockingHills region and local businesses. This allows us to help maintain and support the beautiful Hocking Hills, Ohio

4 Likes

So if I book through Airbnb or VRBO I’m most likely paying more? And… that money goes out of the community and into a billion $ large corporation???

3 Likes

Unfortunately,YES and YES. HockingHills.com offers the Largest selection of Hocking Hills Cabins, Lodges, Chalets, Tree Houses and Unique Lodging options.

Not only that, you literally can book the EXACT SAME RENTALS for up to 14% LESS when you booking through HockingHills.com

The only reason to book through an Online Travel Agency (OTA) is if you like spending more money for the same vacation rental. :thinking:

3 Likes

This is great information - Thank you! Happy to have learned about it here.

2 Likes

Thanks for this information!

1 Like

I try to make the most of my travel experiences by making direct contact with hoteliers, B&Bs, etc., whenever possible. It adds to the experience as I like to think I’m discovering hidden gems.

I don’t think I considered this hidden benefit to the proprietors or to me of “shopping locally” — $, €, £… So, thanks for reminding/informing us of something that we should all know.