List of trails that remain OPEN during COVID-19

please keep us updated (: i am trying to take my boyfriend for a surprise down to see the parks the first weekend of June. Fingers crossed the trails are open

Hi! We are planning to stay in the Hocking Hills Treehouses Monday into Tuesday (5/25-5/26) with our dog (golden retriever). We will be traveling from the Pittsburgh area. I was wondering if you could recommend any trails near the treehouses/hocking hills that are open and allow dogs. Thanks in advance.

Hi @k_young. Every trail in this list except Boch Hollow allows pets. All will be within a 30 minute drive of your cabin location!

1 Like

Is there any update yet as to the trails opening up? We want to reserve a room down there June 18-20 but don’t want to spend the money if all the main trails are closed. I don’t get how restaurants and Walmart can be open INSIDE yet an outdoor trail is closed.

@Ken_Pollock ODNR just announced three Hocking Hills sites will reopen June 15th. They are Cantwell Cliffs, Rock House, and Airplane Rock. You can read the press release here: Three Hocking Hill's Sites will reopen on June 15th

Hi @Danielle_D. ODNR just announced that three trails will reopen on June 15th. Those trails are Cantwell Cliffs, Rock House, and Airplane Rock. You can read the press breifing at this link: Three Hocking Hill's Sites will reopen on June 15th

Thank you.

What trials are open today that are dog friendly

@Nick_Sopher everything on this list except rockbridge and boch hollow

What would you recommend Zaleski or lake Logan for dog friendly easy family hike

@Nick_Sopher lake logan

Hello! Of the open trails, do any feature waterfalls?

I just got to the Rockbridge park and it says pets prohibited. Also, Clear creek does not allow pets. I am extremely frustrated. Which parks allow pets!?

@Megan_Gradomski that’s correct, rockbridge does not allow pets. I didn’t realize clear creek metro is also not pet friendly, sincerely apologize about that! The list of trails that do not allow pets include rockbridge, clear creek, and boch hollow. I believe all the others in the list above allow pets! To double check, you can also call the state park or rangers offices.

Hi! We are traveling downjune 12th-15. I know the main trails in hocking hills state park are closed but are do you know if Broken rock falls
Loop Is open? I’ll have a dog & 2 under10 with me. Any must see trails you suggest?
Thanks !

Looks like Zaleski Backpacking trails are open. Is this correct? If so are the primitive overnight camp sites?

@Nathan_Graham last I read the primitive sites are open at zaleski state forest. That was about 2 weeks ago and they never shut down so I imagine they’re still open!

I’m visiting hocking hills this weekend, I called ODNR and they told me everything was closed there. I was trying to obtain a permit for Robinsons falls and she said no they’re closed and hung up on me. So my question, is boch hollow or rock bridge open at this time? I have no idea where to go around there for good scenery besides the major trails. Thanks!

I was planning a trip there w my family. My wife has been wanting to see some falls, are there any I can take her to? Also, reading through comments, I may go to Boch, what is that address?

I may add I was planning on heading there tomorrow, I never expected trails n falls to be closed. I just need to figure out what we are doing. Thank you very much!

Hi @Ben_Lemaster. Boch hollow would be a great choice. It hasn’t rained in the past couple days so the small waterfalls may or may not be flowing. Still you would see caves, beautiful scenery, a pond and gazebo, and much more. After you enter boch hollow, the path will fork. To the right you can see the pond and gazebo and then turn back around to the parking lot (~1 mile hike). If you go straight the trail will lead up hill and where you will see caves and beautiful scenery. This loop trail will take you in a loop back eventually reaching the pond and then back to the parking lot (a few mile hike and somewhat straining). If you follow the metal signs on the trail it will help guide you.

Outside of Boch Hollow, Rockbridge is about a 2-3 mile out and back hike, and it has a waterfall as well.