List of trails that remain OPEN during COVID-19

@Nikki_Reames everything besides boch hollow, rockbridge, and clear creek.

UPDATE 6/2/2020.
Hocking Hills State Park to Reopen July 2nd!

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) plans to reopen most of the currently closed areas of Hocking Hills State Park, including the campground, cabins, and Old Man’s Cave, in time for the Independence Day holiday weekend. Currently, Rock House, Cantwell Cliffs and several areas of the Hocking Hills State Forest are scheduled to open June 15.

Hi I have a rental cabin the week of June 15th. I have four Kids ages 5 8 and 12. Is there going to be tails or caves open. We have never been. And can’t cancel the rental. Any ideals of things we will be able to do??

Hello! Heading down for the first time 6/12-6/16. Are there any trails with waterfalls open? Also, any trails that you recommend for first time visitors considering the circumstances with all the closures?

Is this Frisbee golf course open?
Hocking Hills Disc Golf
Disc Golf Course (follow the signs to Whispering Cave parking lot)
20852 State Route 664

@finn coming in to town this weekend where we rented a cabin in Logan. We haven’t been to the area before and understand from the site a number of things are closed. If you were me what would be the top 5 things I should take my wife to see or do in the area? Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

Does that include the rappelling area trail?

What trail is the rappelling cliffs considered to be a part of?

Hello, is July 4th the busiest day and weekend at Old Man Cave and Hocking Hills?

This year the holiday fall on Friday 7/3. I can visit on that day or day before, 7/2. Or Sun 7/5. Try to avoid as many crowds possible. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

@don2656 plenty to do. Cantwell Cliffs, Rock House, and Airplane Rock will all be open as well as the trails at the top of this list.

@F_Fitz disc golf course is not open. The road is blocked off. It will open when whispering caves opens which should be on July 2nd.

@MelissaB Rock House which opens on June 15th has a waterfall. Rockbridge which is open now also has a small waterfall (assuming it’s rained recently)

@Denny_Bogard welcome, I hope you and your wife have a great time! Here’s my list.

1. Hiking. Check out Rockbridge State Nature Preserve, Boch Hollow State Nature Preserve, Clear Creek Metro Park.

2. Breweries and Wineries (if you’re into that sort of thing). I recommend Brewery 33, Hocking Hills Winery, and Hocking Hills Moonshine. You can find all 3 in the Hocking Hills App (TheHockingHillsApp.com) and easily get driving directions.

3. Food. Lots of great choices. Urban Grille or Kindred Spirits at Inn & Spa at Cedar falls for dinner. Hocking Hills Diner for breakfast. Pizza Crossing for the best pizza ever (Capt. Ron’s Pirate Pizza is super good too!). La Cascada for Mexican cuisine. Hocking Hills Coffee Emporium for lunch. Lots of folks like Millstone BBQ as well.

4. Other fun things to do - zip lining or canoeing. Mini putt putt is fun as well!

5. Antique shopping. Check out logan antique mall and Hocking Hills Market. I’m not a big shopper but it’s fun to look around and discover unique old items.

@sftong July 4th weekend is definitely the busiest time at old mans cave. It is opening on July 2nd so will be probably busier than ever. They’re limiting the parking spots when they reopen it so get there early! The park opens at sunrise so get there by 6:30AM -7AM to see the fewest amount of people.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks for the information

1 Like

@John_Imler I believe it’s a part of Big Spring Hollow. You can view a map here: https://hockinghills.com/maps/rock_climbing_map.pdf

Are there any other disc golf courses open in the area after June 14th?

@F_Fitz, the disc golf course at Whispering Cave won’t be open until early July. There is Flat Rocks Disc Golf Course in Lancaster, Ohio that is currently open.

I just spoke with Andrew Gibson ODNR Preserves guy who handles permits to enter the park on the western side. He confirmed what the ODNR Parks person said which is that Boch Hollow is closed until sometime in July.

1 Like